Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think of fee-demo, and R.A.T. ?
Personally, I remember the days when alot areas now with fees were free to the public. We were told that the upkeep of these parks were what the fees were for. It seems like alot of these areas are more polluted with trash and waste then before these fees were in place. I think now, the general public expects the fees to pay to clean up after them.
For info on this aboration to our "public lands" read
http://www.wildwilderness.org/

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Most the fees are for vehicle charges... you can walk into most of these areas including state parks and not pay a fee. You say the fee areas are more polluted looking or trashy now then they use to be... I think this is a trend for most lakes, no matter where you go there is more and more trash being left behind by people. The sad thing is every says "they pickup more trash then they came in with or atleast their own" But if this was the case we wouldnt see nearly half of what is there now.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I guess with the population of CO. increasing they feel we the people aren't responsible enough to take care of the areas we visit. I remember a place my wife and I found on the Poudre years ago, old dirt trail off the Hwy in a bend of the river which was fairly hidden, no charge for years, now that same place charges $14 with a 2:00pm check out time.

·
Registered
578 Posts
ePiC said:
The sad thing is every says "they pickup more trash then they came in with or atleast their own"  But if this was the case we wouldnt see nearly half of what is there now.
That is so true! I was out at Frank Easemen Ponds a few weeks ago and I couldn't believe all the trash there was out there! I had never seen anything that bad before, it was disgusting. I almost didn't even want to fish it was so bad. There was even whole families trash, leftover food, chip bags, soda cans, dirty diapers. Yuck! It seems like nobody cares about these places anymore except for the hard core fishermen. Sad....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts