Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a great day. Had to run well up past the forks of the river to shallower waters to get into em, but it paid off!!! Jig of the day, red 1/8 oz jig head, green and silver curlytail. Red head and white curlytail did well too!

Three Generations on one boat on Easter... hard to beat that!

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Well, it took almost two hours... I ended up fileting 32 fish... We apparently caught more and kept more than I originally thought. LOL!!!

Anyway, several pounds of filets here. Should do a body good for at least a COUPLE fish frys.

I am usually pretty meticulous about getting rib and belly meat, but these suckers have almost none... Drove me crazy spending real time running the knife just right to catch the rib meat, only to have it come off on the skin... White bass rib meat is paper thin!!

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great time, Steve. :)

Ran through a whole tank of fuel in the boat and 3/4 of a tank of gas in the Explorer, but the sore arms make it worthwhile... White bass, while running, fight much harder than they should be able to at those sizes. Really cool on UL gear.

I hooked into a Biiiiig skipjack herring. Got it all the way up to the boat and he snapped me off. It was the first cast of the day. That pissed me off, so I took out my anger on the whites the rest of the afternoon. LOL!!

·
P I K E
10,114 Posts
Very good Owen!!! Glad to see things coming together out there and looking good in the new boat! As for the treatment...just tell her " but HONEY, look at all the free food we brought home!!! I have supplied the family with food and good times!!!" ::) :madgrin::thumb:>:D

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Good Stuff as usual Owen.

P.S.- Take it from a long time married guy- just say "my bad baby" and buy her something nice.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I scrubbed the kitchen spotless after cleaning all the fish. Also swept the living room and folded laundry.

Treatment is over. ;)

·
P I K E
10,114 Posts
You better be nice to mama, that woman can sing! She leaves you she has a career!!! :evil::evil:

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
I scrubbed the kitchen spotless after cleaning all the fish. Also swept the living room and folded laundry.

Treatment is over. ;)
You just need to show her who wears the pants. Do her job for her once, and she'll expect that in the future. ;) That's what I was told by my friends who come home and let their wives take care of putting the fish away. Sweeping the living room and folding laundry, you crazy? :biggrin1:

Nice haul! :thumb:

·
Registered
3,591 Posts

Treatment is over. ;)
Folded Laundry?? Careful there, somethings you don't want to have to learn how to do....
An Indian guide I fished with in Canada would take a medium size Lake trout home for his wife, wouldn't even clean it, told me she would do it and that he traded her fish for sex.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
My II Cents

The treatment for going fishing Whaaaaat.

I told my wife the first time she complained about my fishing this;
What's the problem I'm fishing, I'm not in the bar drinking coming home drunk, doing drugs, womanizing, or doing anything illegal.

If I do something wrong I expect you to be the first one to speak up, but fishing is not doing anything wrong.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
She was not mad that we went fishing. She was mad that we did not get home at a "decent hour"... Hour and a half each way driving time, 20 minutes each way in the boat up to the spawning grounds and back... 3 hours and 40 minutes total commute time for 3 hours of fishing... Worth it for the three of us in the boat? Hell yes!!!

But on Easter, 6 hours and 40 minutes away from the wife and daughters... I sympathize with her feelings.

Would I do it again?... Yup...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts