Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a great day teaching a new group kids how to fish. Took nine kids, seven of them caught fish, some caughtl multiple. The fish were all pretty good size, 24" to 32". I had them all make their own bait and taught them about carp rigs. They were all using the gear donated by CF last year.

Attachments

·
Banned
553 Posts
Didnt think that pond had anything worth a hoot. Sweet!!!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not sure that there is anything in there but carp and turtles. I have fished about a dozen times and have only found carp.

·
P I K E
10,112 Posts
Great job Ralpert!!! You do the kids proud, keep it up bud!!!

·
Banned
553 Posts
I am not sure that there is anything in there but carp and turtles. I have fished about a dozen times and have only found carp.
What type of pulls are you getting? The geriatric slow roll or the omg i felt the hook im out this b***h?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We almost lost a couple rods due to the way the fish hit and took off. The kids were not prepared for that type of fight.

·
Banned
553 Posts
We almost lost a couple rods due to the way the fish hit and took off. The kids were not prepared for that type of fight.
Your doing it right then. Are you carolina rigging?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Nicely done Ralpert! I have fond memories of a flyrod, a bag of wonder bread and some mean fighting carp at some lakewood ponds as a youngster. Thank you for passing the sport of fishing on to the youth.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I use a modified version of that rig. I don't use the beads. It works really well for me. I have been using it for about a year. I use a pack sinker at the end. One that is capable on carrying a handful of pack.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Good job getting the kids out, Richard!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts