Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I am with a small production crew that is filming an ice fishing scene in Colorado. I am looking for locations where it is permitted to drive a full size truck onto the ice. Is this permitted anywhere in the state? I am also looking for members with over the top, baller, awesome Ice shanty's. Feel free to post here or PM. We have offices in Grand Junction and Denver and can work anywhere. I am personally familiar with the Grand Mesa and Blue Lakes.

Dates of the project are Feb 26-March 6.

·
P I K E
10,112 Posts
Yeah, those are few and far here in Colorado. There is one that shows up there at Lake John that Bill should know the owner.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ya Colorado is all mostly portable shacks and walk on lakes. Very few lakes allow full size vehicles on them. Wolford allows trucks, but that's the only one I know of personally that I frequent. And last year it was scary to have a vehicle on that ice cause there was a water layer between 2 layers of ice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
625 Posts
are you driving a fullsize pickup truck or a loaded grip truck? be aware of the vastly different weights.
also, I'm sure you know that special film permits are required in state parks. Not sure about the dead of winter, but the rangers are more and more interested in seeing that permit these days.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the great info. I've learned a lot.

Regarding the truck, it will be a full sized truck (F150, F250 or similar) with minimal additional weight. Driving on the ice is not a top priority but the ability to get right to the edge of the ice would be.

We are very familiar with various permitting processes so that's not a deal breaker but we would prefer a lake/res that is not on State Park property. National forest/private are typically easier for us.

Does anyone recognize where this commercial for the X-Games was filmed?

https://youtu.be/6b6e1LhoqPg

·
Registered
86 Posts
Georgetown lake allows ice racing. Don't know if you can drive on it any time.?
colorado allow s portable ice shelters. Must remove daily.

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
We need to film a show with slayer, brewskis, and a 9-tine spear titled- KILL KILL KILL!

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
since when do u need a spear?

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
We need to film a show with slayer, brewskis, and a 9-tine spear titled- KILL KILL KILL!
Oh hell yeah! "KILL KILL KILL-Non Stop Nonsense" :biggrin1::biggrin1:
I still remember how to make fish spears. We used to make them in shop class up in Minnesnowta.
Doom, you're there haaaamerin 'em!
Save

1 - 20 of 26 Posts