Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay I went out there tonight and watched them set up and talked to Nate and coworkers...

It is at the Swim beach right by the west entrance to the park.

A little to the south of center on the swim beach there will be two tents side by side...the larger one on the left (north tent) is the registration tent for people that have already paid (YOU MUST CHECK IN)...the smaller tent on the right (south tent) is where you pay if you haven't preregistered and is $40. These tents open at 6 am.

There are 2 porta pottys one each on the north end of the parking lot and one on the south end of the parking lot. The full bathrooms at the swim beach are closed for the winter season.

If you catch two fish that would place you in first place and third place for the contest you can only win ONE prize (the highest one). Door prizes do not count towards this.

The contest course is a gigantic rectangular/squarish grid that will have pre-drilled holes every 20 to 22 feet apart. You cannot drill any holes DO NOT bring a auger. Nate and his helpers are pre-drilling approximately 450 holes. You may switch holes and move to one that is unoccupied.

You cannot get on the course (grid) prior to 7:30 am and holes are first come first serve.

You cannot set up shelters. You can take sleds with whatever gear you need including extra rods. Your sled can be a flip over with a seat but you cannot flip it up or flip it over but you can use the seat to sit on. This is to keep everything out in the open and honest.

You can only fish one hole at a time with one rod (even if you have a 2nd rod stamp).

All lake mandated fish limits and minimum size limits apply. Example you cannot take a 15 inch walleye up to be weighed (18 inch lake minimum) and then let it go.

Okay that's everything I remember hearing as Nate and his henchmen went over the rules.

Good luck!

Most of all have fun and don't beat up the guy wearing the Seahawk's hat! A guy has to have a new lucky fishing hat!

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You too Fishforall! Hope someone I know wins it!

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Awesome!! Thanks for the info. it lets me know exactly what to expect.

Did you see what hole Nate put all the fish down? ;)

·
Registered
740 Posts
I'm just hoping from the Springs it does not get too much more accumulation of snow/ice for monument hill but I am hitting the road at 3:30 AM so I should be fine. I'm pretty excited to say the least.

·
Banned
553 Posts
Place is gonna look like a saturday at antero.

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats half the fun...bars of soap littering the ice!

·
Registered
740 Posts
^^ and you will be right there with your "oasis" man I am glad that instructional diagram is there LOL

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You should it will be a hoot...can u say carnage...

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
I gotta stay in. My paycheck was short this week...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts