Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iv'e been on the ice at Aurora about 15 times since early Dec. Most outings have been in the 3 hr range. During that time, I've iced nearly 150 walleyes without a keeper. Finally, found one I could stretch to 18 this afternoon. 4:30 to 6 pm is the hot walleye time over the past two weeks. Overall, the walleye this year are much healthier than what I was finding last year. They also are fighting much better. I've included a few perch shots from the last few weeks. Mostly one here, one there, seldom multiples. No rhyme or reason to the perch bite.

Attachments

·
Registered
988 Posts
Lmao I got a couple hundred of those last year. Can't stretch them even if you try lol

·
Registered
936 Posts
Ha, I've been having the same experience with those damn walleyes this year. Its definitely still fun bring them up through the hole.

Great looking perch too! I'm out there about once a week. We should combine efforts sometime.

·
Registered
16,622 Posts
That place sucks-

Hey Willow- was that you I talked to Saturday ?

And BTW, I can stretch those to 18" also. Just don't let Terry measure them-

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
No comment on the "stretched" eye... :rolleyes:

Nice perch though. You should hit up Piker, I hear he catches no less than 60 keepers there, every trip...

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
**** THAT !!!!!! How is this dude getting a pass,lol? I don't care how good your "fish stretcher" is that fish is only 17, there is a half inch behind and in front of that eye. You poached/stole that fish. I already took a screen shot and reported you to OGT.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
No wonder why people don't post reports here
Smh

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
**** THAT !!!!!! How is this dude getting a pass,lol? I don't care how good your "fish stretcher" is that fish is only 17, there is a half inch behind and in front of that eye. You poached/stole that fish. I already took a screen shot and reported you to OGT.
I guess I missed the part where he said he kept it?

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Keeper?

I missed the part where he said he released it.

So, let's ask him. What did you do with it after catching 150 "shorts" ?

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Every 17"er I catch from there can be considered a keeper, but then again I am fat and can step on them to make a 17er 18".

However, smooshed walleye doesn't taste too bad when you deep fry the whole thing, guts and all.

·
Banned
553 Posts
No comment on the "stretched" eye... :rolleyes:

Nice perch though. You should hit up Piker, I hear he catches no less than 60 keepers there, every trip...
Slayer aint got **** on piker.

:hail::hail::hail::hail:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts