Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been in the mountains the past month for a class that is only offered during the summer. I haven't really been able to access the Internet for anything other than schoolwork. There was some stream fishing close by but I really didn't spend much time on the water. The class was worth five credits so I was basically inundated with schoolwork the whole time. There was a lot of wildlife around including the two bull moose you can see below. I caught a bunch of little browns and brookies. They were all dinks but it was definitely nice to take a break and get away from the schoolwork. I caught a few on copper johns and other assorted nymphs but by far streamers and lures worked best. They seemed to want to chase stuff. Now that I am back and actually starting my summer break, Id like to hit the fishing hard again. I have a few spots in mind id like to hit hard and I'm going to Mexico to do some flyfishing next month. Hopefully I can get another out of state trip or two in before school starts again. It's been killing me not to be able to fish where I want. I have heard that the wiper fishing had been picking up a bit so I'm planning on going out later today to wet a line. Hoping for the best and expecting the worst...

·
Registered
259 Posts
Dude, I know that spot, great fishing! Enjoy summer school, what you are doing right now was seriously the highlight of college for me plus I met my better half there 20 freaking years ago and we are heading up there tomorrow to trespass for our reunion. I still remember Bouteolua Gracilis, Populus Tremuloides and a few others. Have fun and habitat is always the answer.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Nice. Definitely feels good to get Pingree out of the way to have time to fish/work the rest of the summer. What will you be fishing for in Mexico?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts