Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thats great hatch......Great set up ..They're alot to fun to fish with.I know the excitment your feelin...Broke mine in this spring up near deckers.. Good luck with it

·
Registered
797 Posts
I got a couple of 3wts last year and use them every chance I get, the latest one is a TFO 7'6" with a ross rythum and I really like so I think you'll like your set up alot too. Let us know what you think after you wet a line oh and what line you put on it as well

·
Registered
797 Posts
no I picked it up at that shop that was in south glenn mall just before the ff show, I have a friend that works at bass pro here though and I'm fighting off the urge to go get a 10 wt form him any suggestions on a 10 wt?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I've used that 2 piece TFO in the 10 wt and its not a bad rod for the price. It certainly wouldn't be my first choice but it wouldn't be my last choice either. It is what it is if your trying to stay cost efficient

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tossed the 3wt around at spinney the other day. It cast like a dream. You can definatley tell if it gets windy that it is a 3wt. I landed some nice fish on it as well and man is it a blast. The only bad part is when I switched over to my 5wt to throw some streamers it felt like a pool cue. I have a T.L. Johnson 5wt and have loved it but now it feels like a 100lbs. Guess I better start saving again!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts