Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have waited 2 years to ice fish the lake since it often fluctuates, I haven't been able to the previous two years. Talked to a CPW office that checked my license and we chatted about the lake and he said it's frozen at a solid 8 inches. I took the opportunity and got up there just in time because two days later it melted away. Not the biggest lakers but really fun. Always be careful ice fishing that lake take people and safety rope with ya.

Here is the video of the trip: https://youtu.be/8App2lYhl1s

·
Registered
485 Posts
Had to drive up to Gunnison this morning to fix one of our church's computers. Noticed that there is still quite a bit of ice on Blue Mesa (lot of it snow covered) with some open spots starting to show up. Saw a couple of folks out on the ice but have no idea how thick the ice is as I just drove by and didn't stop to talk to anyone. On my way back to Montrose I saw the temperature was up to 48 degrees so I imagine the ice won't be around much longer. Did notice there is quite a bit of shoreline showing so they apparently have let out quite a bit of the water from the lake.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea the warm temps are creeping around. I think we got another 3 weeks before it's all gone! It is time to be careful!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very cool. Another nice video! Thanks for sharing

I love fishing new ice! Fort Peck is my current dream
Mine too! The vast majority of species and sizes is unreal been watching a lot of ice fishing videos of that place the last two years and it’s making me want to book a trip!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts