Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
16,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We needed some slimer action and that's what we got. Me and Bro fished about 8-9 hrs over a day and a half and landed 30 of these beasts. Missed/ lost that many more. What a blast! Never got snagged, never lost a lure, decent weather, a little Jameson during the afterglow.;)

The stringer weighed almost 20lb. Gawd those things are strong! It was all I could do to hang on.

View attachment 31886
View attachment 31888

·
P I K E
10,113 Posts
Hey I know those rocks! Nice job dudes!

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Larger slimers do put up a pretty good fight. Looks like you put on a few pounds. Almost didn't recognize you in that second pic. Retirement must be treating you well. (y)

Never got snagged, never lost a lure,
When fish are biting, you snag jaws, instead of rocks, or whatever else. :cool:

·
Registered
263 Posts
We needed some slimer action and that's what we got. Me and Bro fished about 8-9 hrs over a day and a half and landed 30 of these beasts. Missed/ lost that many more. What a blast! Never got snagged, never lost a lure, decent weather, a little Jameson during the afterglow.;)

The stringer weighed almost 20lb. Gawd those things are strong! It was all I could do to hang on.

View attachment 31886 View attachment 31887 View attachment 31888
Amazing Slayer!

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
What you mean? Same weight for last 10 years.
Your face looks more round. Maybe you are losing it somewhere else? It's not some kind of dirty joke, OK. 😄 I've been about 170-172 lbs for years. My face looks leaner when I work out more. Weight is about the same. Maybe eating all that soft walleye meat isn't exercising your jaw muscles as much... 😄

·
Registered
16,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe my brain is shrinking-

·
Registered
624 Posts
Your face looks more round. Maybe you are losing it somewhere else? It's some some kind of dirty joke, OK. 😄 I've been about 170-172 lbs for years. My face looks leaner when I work out more. Weight is about the same. Maybe eating all that soft walleye meat isn't exercising your jaw muscles as much... 😄
Celebrating each catch with a twinky!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Sweet! Nice roe shooting action shot in the second pic!

·
Registered
16,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice job. Get any on flies? Glad nobody broke anything on shifting rocks.
Other flailers were doing ok. but Man they just were pounding the metal. Almost took the pole right outta my hands a couple times. best to wear waders and stand in the water. Much easier than dealing with those BS rocks!

·
Registered
1 Posts

View attachment 31886 View attachment 31887 View attachment 31888
why would you keep bows that large???? keep smaller eaters and return large ones, think of other people. also, large trout are not the best eating.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts