Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been hitting my local ponds for the last few days with no luck. Finally got one to go..
throwing a craw with 1/4 oz. through the grass, and bang. got this nice little fattie..

Attachments

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Nice fish QD!

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Nice fish! Thanks for sharing.

I need to try a texas rig this weekend. That and/or a shaky head jig to see if I can get some love.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Nice fish! Thanks for sharing.

I need to try a texas rig this weekend. That and/or a shaky head jig to see if I can get some love.
Both techniques, imo, take confidence. I know everything requires a little confidence but those rigs are much different than something you just steady retrieve. Took me a couple years to really gain confidence in them and start getting them to really produce

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Both techniques, imo, take confidence. I know everything requires a little confidence but those rigs are much different than something you just steady retrieve. Took me a couple years to really gain confidence in them and start getting them to really produce
Sorry for getting off topic OP but Bobys, what do you mean by they "take confidence?"

I will say, the one thing I need badly is a better pair of sunglasses. Even with my polarized Raybans I struggle to see my line clearly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dallasdb
I think what he's trying to say is that with a t-rig, or shaky head, you need to be very in-tune with the bottom, and your bait, and exactly what the bait is touching. If you get hit, sometimes its so subtle, that most people would miss it, if they have even the slightest amount of slack in the line. You kinda become ZEN with the bait. I've done it for so long, I can tell if its grass, weed, leaves, mud, or rock.
Tight lines,
I hope this helps
G

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Right on quietdiver! I get it now. I am very much a beginner at bass fishing... well fishing in general but I'm tired of fishing for slimers and being an unskilled baitdunker.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Congrats, that lake produces a lot of nice bass for it's size. I think I caught and released that one last year, lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts