Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I have spent quite a few evenings and nights chasing "phantoms" this spring, summer and fall. I new they were there; but spent countless hours hucking baits into the darkness to no avail. So, on a last minute whim I tried it again. For three hours prior to darkness nadda....Then a change of lure to a cheap ass BPX jerkbait and bam the curse of the "Zman Sagging Mooseknuckle" was over and my vamping career will continue on a quest for the elusive 10lber. The first fish was a chunky smallie just over 19" and over 4lbs. Within 5 casts I got what I was looking for a PB Saugeye 24" and and official weight of 5.02 lbs once I got home. I landed another 18 1/2" saugeye minutes later and then nothing for the next two hours.

Don't normally keep too many fish but after all those hours....WHY NOT???

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Zcurse?...ummmm you talked to me that night...the only constant I see here is you ditched Slayer and caught fish!...I caught a Barracuda right after I talked to you...it wasnt huge...surprising in the dark...used to Pike not usually being caught after dark...I know nothing about cudas they prolly feed in the dark all the time...nice job oh MKP!

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the only constant I see here is you ditched Slayer and caught fish!
LMFAO. Never thought about it that way. But I talked to you after the fact.... Next outing will tell the story.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats man. Nice fish
Thanks. Seemed like it would never happen at times. But, I guess I had to pay my dues. Hopefully the next one won't be so far in between trips....

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Nice feeesh, maaaan! nice when you work for a good one.

·
P I K E
10,117 Posts
Right on bud, way to go!!!

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Still having to fish at night? I told you and Slayer to quit staring at the sun!!:eek::eek:

Seriously though, NICE!! I know that drill all too well, out at night huckin jerkbaits wondering "why am I out here"...just one more cast..just one more cast...just one more cast...then wham everything comes together!!
Then for the next 20 night shifts...tonight's gonna be the night...tonight's gonna be the night...
Congrats!!

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Nice!! Congrats on the PB!!

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice Saug!! There are even bigger ones there, but they are pretty hard to catch!
I have no "eyedea" where "there" is ;) because my lips are sealed. Gonna visit another "there" over the weekend closer to home. Supposedly they grow 'um big as well.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
I know where that fish used to swim...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts