Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Put some quality eyes on ice! And sure does feel good to catch the target species, especially when traveling a few hours to get there. In the case, spawning walleyes.

Met my buddy up in south central Missouri just north of the Arkansas border. He was taking his boat out for the first time this year. It was a multi species day that had us boating fish all day. The eyes weren’t quite spawning, but they were ladies loaded with eggs and likely within days away.

Also caught 8 red eyes, which is fun and all but just not the same (check back in April though...)

3 fish totaled 10.5lbs. Absolute great day on the water.

Cheek meat!

Added some crystal sauce after seeing some videos. My kids loved it (although the did before too, but now want it this way)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
236 Posts
Wow that looks like some fun,and now you made me hungry on top of that. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Great recommendation on dipping the fillets in hot sauce!

Appreciate slayer plugging Nanofil frequently. I had never heard of it and started using it exclusively about a month ago and I love it. While I have had a couple minor issues, it truly is an incredible line.

I even picked up a spool of sufix advance HPE to try out a “higher end mono” this past week. Disappointing to say the least (would take trilene over this stuff) and I’m convinced that I won’t go away from nano again (until the next great thing).

My shameless plug would have to be the 7’ UL crappie max. For the $40 spent, I can’t say enough about this rig!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Sweet first trip of the season! :thumb:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Great post, hope we get a chance at a few this spring here in Colorado.

I like the nano #8 and above - had problems with the #4 & #6 - but that's just me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts