Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Ken I was just thinking about getting blown off yesterday and the trip i went out on with work2fish and it came to me... Its just a idea but maybe here on the site you can put up a spot like a "find a partner" type section for ppl to get together more than just the CO fisherman get togethers. I dont know, I would use it. Just a thought thrown in the air.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol guess it kinda is like one try out a few fishing partners till ya find one you like...lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey, I would use it. I have Sunday-Tuesday and every other Saturday off. I used to guide on the S. Platte and know the Ark pretty well. I love to Bass fish, did that a lot when on the road for work... long ago and far away. I fish ever week year around. Its hard to get partners during the week. I have extra flyfishing gear from my guiding days and would be willing to provide eqipment. Been wanting to do some Bass fishing north of the Springs (my home) but dont know the area. Fished Pueblo and Valco ponds but from the shore mostly.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
I would pass on that, I do 99% of my fishing alone, but it still sounds like a good idea for people who would like to "carpool" so to speak, with gas prices being what they are. Go for it!

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
pitbull,

Sounds like a good idea. My fishing time has been cut way back lately because of my work schedule. I almost went out this morning (it would have been perfect), but I wimped out because of the rumors of rain/snow which I wasn't sure my son could endure. Like a lot of folks here, my mood improves so much when I can spend time on recreation every once in a while.

Now, I'm thinking of the best way to do this. People are so scattered around, so it would be important to mention where you live and maybe what type of fishing you're thinking of doing. Something like "north metro fisherman interested in coldwater fishing this weekend -- who's game?". Of course, Ken could decide that we just post this stuff directly to Colorado Fishing. We should see what he says.

Mike

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
I was going to go this morning too, chickened out though.

I agree, meeting other people who like to fish and to help with the gas bill really has been/is a great benefit of this site.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I don't worry about gas too much if I'm driving my Mazda but my Dodge Ram gets a bit pricey. I would just like to find other people who love to fish. The only fishing buddy I have is a guy who fishes at the same ponds I do on lunch break from work so we just fish about a half hour to 45 minutes a day during weekdays. Other than that I usually fish alone. A lot of the time I don't mind fishing alone cause I like to walk around trying different spots but sometimes I like to have someone to bs with.

·
Registered
943 Posts
i think it is a great idea. my buddy retired and moved to az i would love to find a new partner :D

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea I think it would be cool...I to fish alone alot and I dont mind it but also would like to BS with someone and maybe gain some knowledge besides 2 poles in the water is better then one and if ya fish with 2 poles then 4 poles in the water are better then 2....Might find out what the fish prefer that day quicker and catch more fish...Hey i dont know im just goin on fishin with a partner is always fun

·
Registered
238 Posts
Kinda late in the season but anyone looking for  a fishing partner in fort collins area...I mainly fish Riverbend and Prospect Ponds and occasionally the poudre.....I havnt had much luck with trout this season

Pondfisher

·
Registered
24,633 Posts
Kinda late in the season (for bass) but anyone looking for a fishing partner in fort collins area...I mainly fish Riverbend and Prospect Ponds and occasionally the poudre.....I havnt had much luck with trout this season
Earth calling scorpion_bsk...

·
Registered
578 Posts
Pondfisher said:
Kinda late in the season  but anyone looking for  a fishing partner in fort collins area...I mainly fish Riverbend and Prospect Ponds and occasionally the poudre.....I havnt had much luck with trout this season

Pondfisher
Those are some of the places I fish the most. Along with a few in Loveland.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts