Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have family in the Denver area and now that I'm fishing I'd like to
spend time at fishing ponds in the area. I'd like to hear about ponds
and information sites to surf for ideas.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Google earth/maps and the publication fishing close to home...people just arent going to cough up their favorite ponds on the web and put them on blast and in harms way!

·
Registered
357 Posts
I keep a rod small tackle box in the truck and stop when i see a new pond. I agree, most arent going to spout off about a hidden gem.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
people just arent going to cough up their favorite ponds on the web and put them on blast and in harms way!
:thumb::thumb::thumb: That would be sacrilege!!!!

Cootcraig, spend some time reading old posts under the forum search and I'm sure you'll find some more hints. You've been giving some good starting points already. The best way to find good fishing is to try out different places and put in the work!!!! Read up on your target fish, ask questions about techniques rather that spots and most of all SPEND TIME PUTTING IN THE WORK. Sooner or later you'll find a person willing to share more in private.

Welcome aboard and good luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some good information in the replies. I really did not want personal fishing holes, rather existing fishing water guides and the replies did provide some.

However I would like to get a copy of the CDW publication "Fishing Close to Home". It has been
out of print for a while because they did not want to have to update it. Does anyone have a
suggestion on where to get a copy?

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Many times the best ponds are the ones that aren't in information sites or publications. Just get a map and look for areas of blue around your house.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Yep, those ponds have been stocked by the do-it-yourselfers
I fish multiple ponds that you can't find any info about online that I gurantee weren't stocked by do-it-yourselfers... I'm pretty sure a lot of bodies get stocked by the state just to maintain the water quality, bugs, algae, etc.. I could be wrong but I don't think every pond that gets stocked gets put out for the public.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts