Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
This is funny name. Not so secret when all the peoples order these books.

chooch

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
A friend got me the map a while back. It's a large format Colorado map with every little stream shown.

I haven't put it to use, but I think it might be great for someone who will be focussing on a specific, remote area -- like if you have a cabin that provides access to a certain wilderness area. You'd have to be an off-trail hiker and love exploring, even if you wind up finding no fish. It might help you find remote beaver ponds for brookies or something like that. Have fun and bring a camera!

D

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
does it show which of the steams and other waters are public land and how to legaly access them?

B

·
0 Posts
I just realized that I have this map you speak of. My late best fishin' buddy's wife had bought it for him and gave it to me after he moved on to that great river in the sky. :(
Basically what it is is a map of Colorado with all streams, rivers and lakes named. The book (pamphlet) that comes with it has an abbrevation guide (E=east, STR=stream..ect) and a listing of counties, streams and lakes and how to find them on the map. If you're looking for Red Dirt Creek or whatever, Professor Higbee's guide to hidden lakes and streams can help you locate it. But there ain't no secret spots marked on there. ???

That's it boys.
I don't know how much it cost but it looks nearly worthless. :mad:

roadkill, no, not even close. :eek:
silicone, sorry I didn't post this sooner. :-[
anyone else interested, you'd be better off with a national forest map, or......for the right amount of money, I could mark some of my "secret spots" on this copy and send it to you. ;D
Seriously guys, if you want to find the secret spots, you gotta go out and look for them. There is no short-cut that I know of........or that I'm gonna tell ya. :D
Summers coming soon. Fill up your vehicle with soon to be $3 a gallon gas and head for the hills and don't be afraid to walk to seek out those hidden places.
There are some great fishing guide books out there and I'd wager you'll get alot more for your money from one of those. ;)

Bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts