Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After quite a few trips to the Q since it opened I finally gotta bass outta there;D
Woke up this morning and decided I wanted to blow up one of my rafts and put on quincy, I then realize I left my pump at my garage at lake mac so I decided to go buy another one....hour or so later its all blown up and I discover 2 tiny holes in it:mad::yell: I mean I guess that's what I get for leaving it my backyard all winter with no protection...:nono: Instead of patching the holes I decided I would still go fishing, as I was walking past the pond in the back I noticed this turtle sitting in some weeds! I was pretty surprised to see a turtle in there seeing as how they aren't native to the area and I've never seen one in that reservoir. I thought about throwing a tree in there so he'd have something to get out and bask on:D (I love turtles I have 4 as pets in a pond) Im sure it was someones pet at one point, by the looks of his nails and shell he's been out there for a couple winters! Its a red eared slider btw

After I caught him and then let him go I kept walking to my spot I got down there and on I think my 3rd cast I landed this guy :smile:

Nothing special but a healthy bass forsure right around 17.5". I headed out a couple hours after due to reel difficulties/me getting frustrated. All in all was a beautiful day of fishing!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sucks about the raft. But nice post and bass dude.
Yea i got it patched up ill probably give it a couple days take it out sunday or Monday, i can't stand the amount of people at quincy on the weekends though. I have a float tube but i cant put it on quincy because my waiders are at my garage at lake mac along with my boat so right now my only option is this raft, im determined to get it up and floating this week:thumb: Already spent 30 on a new pump cause my pumps also at the lake, im going to mconaughy first weekend of may so i need to make this pump necessary/worth it by then!!!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Nice fish!

There use to be a soft shell that resided out there. Haven't seen it for a few years though. They are like a giraffe turtle. Think their neck must be a foot long.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Really!? Wonder how the hell that got there, I catch giant ones at mcconaughy while fishing for cats I've caught them up to 50lbs. They are a absolute ***** once they find your area if you are fishing from shore before you know you have 20 log looking heads swimming around. The second your bobbers in the water they flock to it. I feel bad hooking them I love turtles, plus they're a ***** to get off the hook feisty little assholes!! Had a treble out one time turtle grabbed it whens to rip the cut bait with its front feet hooked his mouth with one hook and each foot on the other, I felt terrible and it was a ***** of a time getting that out. When was the last time you saw it there you'd think the carcass would get noticed. Specially if this ones neck is a foot long that be a big turtles. Its always possible it crossed the path went into the storm drain river on the side and went on its way. I wanna find this guy now!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts