Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had the Ultrex installed last week and a Pueblo 20" smallie was my first fish today. Caught smallies, walleye and spots-fish have definitely moved shallow and way more aggressive than just a week ago. Water temp still 48-49, cloudy on the upper end and very clear lower. Lot more boats on the lake now.

Got an Ulterra a couple of weeks ago not knowing its electric steer so back it went and I paid up for the Ultrex and power assist cable steer. Worth the extra money.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Im a bit confused on all these trolling motors - there is ultrex, terrova, powerdrive. Im in the market but dont know which one to get -- i know i want the Ipilot 24V

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Its really just a matter of personal preference. I bass fish and make alot of small adjustments in steering and the Ultrex is cable steer and more responsive. Somebody on here can explain it better than I have.

If you fish walleye and more open water the Ulterra would be all you need.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Didn't take any. Usually don't. I've got the memories stored in my head. :)

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
The Ultrexx is legit. When I had a terrova I always used the hand remote control. With the cable steer I never use a remote, so easy to fish and control the boat with the foot pedal.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Glad to hear you like the Ultrex! Mine is being installed right now at BPS. My 80 lb Terrova was just not powerful enough to control my Lund. The thing is like a fricken wind sock! My old knees should also benefit from the easier deployment?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Kirby - glad you scored a new trolling motor. You'll be really singing it's praises in a month.

Neal - your problem is you need to downsize to a 17 foot Lund like mine if you want to use the 80# Terrova! I'll trade you boats straight up. LOL!

We are truly living in a great time for sportfishing. All the electronics imaginable, maps, CPW gill net surveys online, satellite images. I'm glad it all came together as I am about to retire and not twenty years from now! LOL!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts