Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a great day on a local river. Fish were pounding Softhackles and PTs

Ran into quite a few elk aswell.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Nice. Did you float in a Water Master as well? Do you find you can fish from it while floating down the river, or do you have to fish when you pull over?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rmalling said:
Nice. Did you float in a Water Master as well? Do you find you can fish from it while floating down the river, or do you have to fish when you pull over?
Yes, I floated in my Watermaster. I can float and fish at the same time, but my problem is, I find myself being distracted by the fishing, and I dont watch where I am going. That can and has caused problems in the past. Long answer short. I now pull out to fish.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
smellzalilfishee said:
That second one looks like one of the brood rainbows they dumped in. flows were at a trickle weren't they...
I wont agree or disagree on the hatchery fish in the picture. I have caught a few of them this year and they had runway scars on them, or had clipped adipose fins. This fish had neither. If I had to wager, I would bet it was a Bow making it's way up from the Colorado. For the most part, in my experience, the Colorado bows are normally less colorefull than the ones on the ______.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sorelips said:
Come float with me my friend! 500 cfs on the ark through town right now.
I have lived in Colorado for 48years, and have never seen the Arkansas River, except once when I drove over it (I-25) headed to one of my sons Football game at Pueblo. I gotta get over there sometime.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dubbn,I like the looks of the Watermaster rafts. I currently have a really nice rig now called the "Pookie" boat. Would I be "trading up" or just swapping one fine craft for another? Thanks

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FredYellowEgg said:
Dubbn,I like the looks of the Watermaster rafts. I currently have a really nice rig now called the "Pookie" boat. Would I be "trading up" or just swapping one fine craft for another? Thanks
Cant do better than a Pookie! See you on the river.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Dubbn lives here, just a couple miles from me.

I AVOID the Katherine store hole, seems to be an A-HOLE magnet. I have not hit it in at least 3 years

·
Registered
466 Posts
I have had a watermaster for 4 years and just bought an Outlaw Renegagde recently. After the busy season, I'll take them both and make a comparison if anyone's interested. I may end up selling one of them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts