Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dear, knowledgable, ColoradoFishingmen,
I will be making my first hardcore trip to Chatfield tomorrow. I've been in school and frothing at the mouth to finally get out on the water, especially after reading your postings everyday (kinda messes with my studying, but you have to have your priorities).
Anyway, my question is-->What do you all suggest I start with, and where. I'll be fishing from my boat (Fisher Hawk 175) so don't be afraid to stop by and chat if you see me. I know Chatfield like the back of my hand, but with the Shad influx, we all know it's not the same lake of years past. I am able to fish all styles of angling, so any suggestions will be tried and acomplished.
Thanks for this great forum,
catfish_al

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Well from what i gather, people are doing well in early morning and sunset in the shallows. massey draw to the swim beach. Also in the south cove by plum creek. Lindy rigged Nightcrawler, or lead head w/ leech jigged off the bottom seems to be kickin butt. During the middle of the day, people have been doing pretty well off the old road bed between deer creek and the rock point by the south marina. Of course trolling cranks in rainbow or perch pattern along the face of the dam will always produce a misc fish or two. Jiggin by the water tower is good for smallies too.

Its pretty much hit or miss out there, but the fish are there and they are fat!!! Good luck to you, please let us know how you did.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts