Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, sure looking like it's going to be a late start this year. Maybe the latest we've ever had? Granby has just in the last week getting into the twenties at night.

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
we can hope...my car has been running in the driveway for 7 weeks to contribute to global warming...and to help keep old man Winter in Canada where his smelly ass belongs...

·
Registered
568 Posts
we can hope...my car has been running in the driveway for 7 weeks to contribute to global warming...and to help keep old man Winter in Canada where his smelly ass belongs...
Buhahahaha! Well I've been keeping my freezer open and throwing bags of ice in the lakes.

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
lol you suck!!!!!!!...time to leave all 3 vehicles running...plus my boat motor in a barrel...

·
Registered
484 Posts
If we are taking bets..... my guess is at least here on the Western slope we won't be ice fishing much before Christmas. Hopefully I am wrong as I'm looking forward to getting back on the ice.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I hiked in to one of my early early spots this morning. Wide open. Iced that area first week of November last year and late October the two years before. Saw elk well above 11k still. Good luck. I probably won't try again for another two or three weeks.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
I hiked in to one of my early early spots this morning. Wide open. Iced that area first week of November last year and late October the two years before. Saw elk well above 11k still. Good luck. I probably won't try again for another two or three weeks.
I remember your reports early in the season last year! They got me excited for the cold. :biggrin1:

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
I am actually looking forward to it this year. Go figure, for once i want ice....and it's like the worst year in history for ice smh

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
We should set up a "Squares" bet like for football scores and everybody PayPals $1.

The squares will be the December and January calendar and we pick a body of water to watch until it ices over.

You don't get to pick the squares. When all the squares are purchased we put all the names in a hat and just pick one by one to get through the dates.

Evergreen would be a good body of water since they have a live webcam.

http://www.thisisevergreen.com/evergreen-lake-house/evergreen-lake-web-cam/

·
Registered
48 Posts
Evergreen Camera

Anyone else notice the evergreen camera seemed to be stuck in July or something? I know its been warm but I doubt it was 84 degrees up there just now.

BTW this is my first post, as I was lurking looking to see if anyone had found first ice or where it may spring up first. A friend of mine just fished hard water in the black hills somehow, not sure now they have ice if we don't.

Fingers crossed, looks like it should be cooling off soon.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
im kinda stoked on a late indian summer. makes up for the ****-tastic year I had for fishing. so far the last 6 weekends I caught 2 of my personal bests and another meatbag of a lake trout. I will say wyoming has been real good to me, as is thinking outside the box and putting in years at my usual spots finally paying off.

if weather is nice sat-sun im going back to williams fork. december while waiting for ice ill be at forebay and maybe some rocky areas around some lake county places throwing big lures.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
im kinda stoked on a late indian summer. makes up for the ****-tastic year I had for fishing. so far the last 6 weekends I caught 2 of my personal bests and another meatbag of a lake trout. I will say wyoming has been real good to me, as is thinking outside the box and putting in years at my usual spots finally paying off.

if weather is nice sat-sun im going back to williams fork. december while waiting for ice ill be at forebay and maybe some rocky areas around some lake county places throwing big lures.
Getting into any pike at WF?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts

I certainly hope so.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Ice on the pond near my house. In Fort Collins. I'm guessing the small, higher elevation lakes were also lidded last night.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts