Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

First night out big walleye

679 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  ducky540 
#1 ·
After seeing Whomps early success for walleyes I decided to venture out last night. Fished for a couple hours during last light and tried grubs and square bills for bass. Only caught a few dinks. As night fell I tried a rattle trap first and had one hook up but lost the fish. It felt decent. Kept that up for a bit more and nothing. Finally tied on a husky jerk and kept tossing. Had a bump and no hook up so kept working the bait, felt another thump and set the hook. I could tell it was a nice fish as it fought hard. Def not lathargic at all. My first fall MA eye measuring in at 31".

I kept fishing and had one more bump but no hook up. I was wet and cold so I decided to quit around 10pm. Should be an interesting season ahead. Hopefully filled with more big fish. Thanks Whomp for getting me pumped to go out. Your big eye will come soon.

See less See more
#5 ·
Dammit, Duck! I asked you where you caught this fish over 5 hours ago and have not seen a response yet. I demand to know the exact location along with unedited pics. Lure used and speed of trolling or retrieval too! :yell:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.