Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit up Lake B for about 3 hours this afternoon. Found a few players while throwing jerkbaits. Started out with a rouge and got one and thats it. Switched to a Megabass trick-darter and picked up another and had a few try to hit it. Also snagged the perch with it. Money bait was a small rainbow x-rap. Nothing big but better than not catching anything. All were really close to shore.
First pike of the year

Biggest this afternoon

Same one

Snagged perch

Ended it off on a bad note with a filthy trout! :eek:

Caught 9 total.

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
Nice Kurtis...what I really like is the pic of the St Croix you're tryin to sell in the 1st frame. Andrew's got my vote. Can't wait to see how mine turns out.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
colonative said:
Nice Kurtis...what I really like is the pic of the St Croix you're tryin to sell in the 1st frame. Andrew's got my vote. Can't wait to see how mine turns out.
:D :D Funny stuff man! Only took one combo :eek: That being a Kistler Z-bone and a Daiwa Sol

HookNLine said:
Dope. Does the trick-darter have the same action as the vision just smaller?
Nope different for sure. Has a good swimming action with a nice wobble to put off a lot of flash.
Haven't used it much at all. Got them last fall for the Spring bite. It does suspend nice. Was a little worried throwing that lure for pike :D Snagged it on a stick about 8'-9' out and was going to take my shoes off if I broke it :D
Have had great luck this year throwing a Megabass metgay.

Thanks for the comments

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Damn..that one pic looks familiar man? But I'm sorry to blow the spot.....but Antero's pike action is hot right now.. ;) :D

Congrats on the Pikesters!

D.J.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Manboobs said:
Rivrunnr1 said:
djfisherman2 said:
Damn..that one pic looks familiar man? But I'm sorry to blow the spot.....but Antero's pike action is hot right now.. ;) :D
:D :D :D :D :D :D
If that was Antero, I really hope you cut off some heads and did not put them back.
Nice job on the release, ANTERO is gonna grow some huge pike eating all those slimey trout !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Gotta start somewhere for the year. Besides you don't want to start the year with a 40"+ fish, you'll just be setting yourself up for dissapointment :D

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
FishLip said:
Gotta start somewhere for the year. Besides you don't want to start the year with a 40"+ fish, you'll just be setting yourself up for dissapointment :D
dont u think slammin a 40in fish would be the start of a good season ???

W

·
0 Posts
GrumpieGills said:
FishLip said:
I'd take a high point at any point.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
GrumpieGills said:
FishLip said:
This lake doesn't have any piggies that I've heard of.... Thus the reason I was throwing smaller baits.
GrumpieGills said:
.........i know u thought of me when u cought that slimer poon, thats so cute :D
lol I figure you would enjoy a pic of your favorite species and "your" normal size. :D :D >:D

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Yeppers good job at Antero Boon!...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts