Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so yesterday I went fishing for a bit and decided to hit a lake in southpark that we all know and managed to finally kill my pike skunk on a fly rod. the day was great no wind in the morning and buggy as heck but it was all good. decided to break out the pike rig and see what would happen. On the second cast I got this guy and wow I think I could get addicted to pike on the fly

40 in about 17 lbs

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah and it took a bit to calm down lol never thought I would actually catch one been trying since 2009

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my first cast I could see him sunning him self in the weeds so I cast to him and rolled the fly right over his back and no reaction. the second cast I was double haul striping the fly and it passed right across his nose and holy hell the world exploded that fish went insane and chased the fly about ten yards before he grabbed it. I watched the take set the hook and he went nuts and took a huge run taking all of my fly line and about 60 yards of backing before I got him turned but then it was not much of a fight after that but man what fun it was

·
Registered
991 Posts
That's a heckuva start!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no that beast stayed down the whole time

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Very Nice. I caught my first one about 8 yrs ago and it was a finish hammer handle :)

Don't think I have caught one since. But trying to branch out to more species and the one you landed creates a spark to get after them water wolves.

CONGRATS!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts