Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dad and I headed out to Spinney this afternoon. Just opened yesterday. Ran into Darvon (Alpinefisher) who does the boat inpections. Was great talking to you again, even though neither of us recognized each other! Was only there 10 minutes and Dad tied into a 22 inch rainbow on a Kastmaster. After about a 10 minute battle he landed him. Kept him as Dads only second ever keeper at Spinney and first from shore. I had hits on the Woolly Bugger. Also tried Rapalas and tubejig. I got a 19 inch pike on the tubejig. She was full of eggs. First fish I've caught on a tube jig besides ice fishing. Was windy as the past 2 weeks. Only seen 1 boat out there. Barely any shorefishers. Elevenmile looked pretty bare too. Reservoir is about 7-8 feet low. And the fish there getting ready for a hot oil bath. >:D

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
It was great seeing you guys out there today too! That fish of your dad's was a beaut!! Thanks for stopping and letting me see it!

Funny how people many times don't recognize each other without the ice garb on! :D

·
P I K E
10,083 Posts
Nice Jeff, Thx!!!
Hey Darv, make sure you get a lot of pics there of all the pike coming outta there by the bowhunters please!!! ::)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Congrats to your dad, sounds like a great catch! Are you going to have Alpinefisher post a pic for you? Would love to see this beauty of a fish! Congrats to you on your pike as well, that must have been exciting. I've only caught 1 pike in my life and it sure was fun! ;D The pike was some good eating too!

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, we didn't take any pictures. I'll ask him next time know that I know he's got his camera with him.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts