Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My nephew, Kameron, came down to visit from Kentucky for the weekend. He's never caught a fish, and only been fishing one time.

We planned on changing that.

My sister's pond, we were looking for some little gills for him. We ended up catching some REAL nice gills and Buck's first Tennessee bass.

Ready for the lake!!!!

Kam's first fish! A healthy gill!

Buck's bass (not huge, a little under 2 pounds, but still his PB LMB)

(Bass was released to eat more little bluegill)

The boys did great today, murdering 14 helpless, defenseless fish

And a good time and a great dinner were had by all!!!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Something f***ed that bass up!! Missing fins on top and part of his tail!! I feel like it has large eyes to for a lmb??? Either way finally a TN bass!!

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It lives in my sister's pond. All the fish in there are bug eyed for one reason or another... Gills, bass, the 5 elusive catfish that live in there. I don't know why, but they all have big bulging eyes.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Cool
Nice pic too
You find a TN forum yet?

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have. All the existing forums sucked, but there's a startup forum (less than a year old?) that is salty. Few members, format similar to CF, but a bit awkward at first, as their home page is kinda confused. But it is well run and the owner and mods really care about building it up.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
It lives in my sister's pond. All the fish in there are bug eyed for one reason or another... Gills, bass, the 5 elusive catfish that live in there. I don't know why, but they all have big bulging eyes.
And your eating these bug-eyed fish:eek: That can't be safe....lol just joking but I wonder what is causing that I'm sure it must be a common problem

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm thinking its the water clarity, near complete tree cover, and overall lack of light. Generationally, it can affect things through natural selection. The pond is 20 years old... That's alot of generations of bass and gills.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts