Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out a couple weeks ago with a buddy and had forgotten how much fun it IS. Going out on monday morning any tips or helpfull advice for the Pueblo Res???
Thanks PS GREAT info on this board!!!
JH

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will be on a boat this time I am tring to talk the ol lady into getting a boat.
JH

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
ok hall 25
the first thing you need to do is launch at first light that is around 6AM now. go out to the flats near the so. marina, that is boggs flats, there will be other boats around the spot. look for fish to splash or swerl on the surface. this is a wiper boil. if they come up like that you want to cast to the boils with a top water lure , like a pop-r , or a zarra spook or puppy. if they stay down you want to use a silver spoon or kastmaster, drop it to the bottem, then reel up one turn and start jigging. if you dont get any fish by 8AM then go to the coves and rocky shores and cast for bass, using crank baits , spinner baits ect. if you are going to use bait, crawlers ,crawdad tails, shrimp, minnows will all work

good luck
if you need any more info ? PM me.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank for the insite. When I went with my buddy he cought a 10lb Wiper on some topwater bait, so I got me some of those and some booyah spinners for the coves. Any coves that I should look at??? Like I said it has been years since I was fishing and I am HOOKED!!!
JH

1 - 6 of 6 Posts