Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
11,854 Posts
Dallas, I started ice fishing about 3-4 years ago after hating on it for years!!! lol.. anyways, turns out I love it, mostly because my family loves it. My son and wife start talking about it in October and they both are excited to ice fish several times a year... That said, I think the advice in this thread is spot on... Don't buy anything until you try it. We will start ice fishing mid December, You are welcome to join us on a trip if it works out... Unfortunately, I am in Pueblo and fish southern lakes more, but I make it to 11 mile a lot, and usually we have a few groups that go together, so if you brought your family there would be plenty of gear to try.

The problem with buying without knowing much is you tend to get some things you just don't need or are of poor quality. Getting ice rods is a must, but again, don't have to the first couple times... It's as good of family time as we have in winter. I hope it works out for you. Remember stay dry, stay warm, drink beer.

· Registered
11,854 Posts
Ya, my son pays attention for about 30-40 min then starts doing other stuff...until we start catching fish.. He now is learning about the vex, so he loves that. To be honest, when I'm with the family, I put no rules or expectations on the trips... Just go and have fun till everyone is over it.

· Registered
11,854 Posts
try the 100 proof Schnapps... 8)
OR, stout it up with a bit of EVERCLEAR... maybe 3-4 oz. in a pint....
Makes a WORLD of difference... :eek:
IFISH knows!!!! My wife likes Tuaca... It's too sweet for me, but if mixed 40/60 with cheapo whiskey, it makes for a good ice drink!

· Registered
11,854 Posts
Ah yes, the best part of the ice season... before most have actually gone out and performed the horrid act.

How much money you spent already, dallas?

Ice fishing lends better to drinking than puffing, if you are fishing sketch ice, which is usually what the metro often is. The cracking gets in my head...
PUSS

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.