Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a used boat (trolling capable) and I will be introducing my "can't wait for Santa" 15 year old boy to fishing. We are going to Aurora Res first, likely this weekend. Could any of you kind fishermen help me with a good plan to catch a few fish? I've been reading the forum about the wipers but that action may a little too much for us. I'm not concerned about species or how big they are, just want to get our feet wet and a little beginners luck. If you can help specifically for Aurora that's great but any help is appeciated!!

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I've never fished aurora but your best bet is probably on the stocker trout. Throw about a 1/4 oz. silver and blue castmaster and fish it erratically near the bottom. Using this lure you've got chances for more fish than just trout, but probably just trout. I also think using a live shiner or something below a bobber would work for multispecies as well. If all else fails, go to the coves and chuck powerbait and worms for trout.

·
Registered
247 Posts
green powerbait was working best for people in the tournament last week. Also saw a young kid (probably around 10) catch a fat rainbow on a countdown rapala about 2 inches.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts