Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran out of 4# lines so I decided to switch to 10# power pro braid. (I wish they had 6# braid at wallyworld but 10# is the best I can find for the diameter.

This is the first time I used the senko style worms, texas rigged, I landed 4 within a couple hours fishing and missed just about as much. I was experimenting with the setup. I found out that I do better if I exposed the hook to where it is parallel with the with body of the worm rather than hiding the hook inside the worm. Setting the hook with the braided line is incredible compared to my previous 4# mono.

My buddy was fishing for smallies until he snagged his first golden wiper. He was only targeting them after his first one. I've never seen a guy so happy catching a gw hahahaha

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
You tying the braid directly to the worm hook? or using a leader?

I have, as with most things, no luck with the Texas Rig. I am planning on going wacky rig. I have heard that is the ticket.
Weightless.. Like this with the tip of the hook slightly penetrating so you can throw it into just about any cover and not get hung up.

$$$$$$$

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I've tried both styles yesterday but only the Texas rig worked. Honestly, both styles is a bit slow for my taste but it worked

RVINSON - I am tying the braid directly. After talking to a friend today, he recommended I use about a 3' fluro leader. I might try that soon

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Nice smallies dude. and nice gold wiper too. I've never fished no wacky, I'm sure guys do well with it , but only times I usually fish plastics is right in the weeds and cover and wacky aint gunna work if you're pitching stuff right in the cover. I normally use texas or weedless weightless rigged just like Rvinson's pic. I also would use a leader flouro or mono...Just my $.02..,.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts