Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Y'all, New to the board ,just wanted to say Hi to all! Been readin and learnin for a while as a visitor figured might as well jump in! I fish the Conejos River,Platoro Res and  the surrounding area a bit and was planning on taking a trip this weekend to Trujillos Meadows,anyone heard anything about that area? Should I expect snow,are the fish bitin? Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Welcome to the board kipper. Im not familiar with that area, but would be interested in how you do. let us know when you how ya did get back!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
F-Fiend,
I will do that and I hope to have some pics to go along with my post. I just looked at the latest fishing DOW fishing report and it says the lake is open and fishing excellent so the boat will be loaded and on the road Thursday!

F

·
0 Posts
Haven't fish Trujillos Meadows in a couple of years. I really liked it though. Some big fish but they can really auger into the moss.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FT,
I fished it a couple times last year and did real well. The browns averaged 17" with our biggest at 23" The moss is usually not too bad til the end of July or so.
Do you happen to know anything about Platoro Res. I've only fished it from the bank never by boat.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
nice to hear from someone on the other side so to speak 8)

F

·
0 Posts
That's been a couple of years ago too. fished it when it was REAL low about 3 years ago?? There are narrows up by the big rockslide at the upper end. We caught some nice rainbows and bunches of them. Used a wooly worm that we used to tie for Big Lake in the White Mountains- copper chenile with black hackle. Last time we were there, we fished the upper flats- shallow and clear. Used small black wooly worms on a fast sinking line. Most of the fish were smallish- maybe 16" at best. You couldn't strip it too fast and they would litterally SLAM it. Watched deer splashing and playing in the water a couple of different mornings- never saw that before. On up on the pass, take the road to the right to another small lake up on the ridge- caught some beautiful brookies up there out of a float tube. I want to live in that cabin!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FT,
I know what your saying man, those suckers hit pretty hard when they hit. I just bout lost a rod last year!
So you fish the White Mountains too huh? I've gone down there in the early spring every year for 15 yrs till this year . I didnt make the trip but I think I will in the fall. Some real nice fishing! not to mention the beautiful scenery!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts