Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I decided to target wiper for the first time this year. I went to one of my local spots this afternoon and worked a jerkbait for a while. It's the lucky craft pointer minnow 100 in American shad. There was a lot of activity on the surface. The first fish felt nice and it faught like a walleye. No drag peeling runs-my lure just stopped and then I felt some good head shakes. It popped off after a few seconds. Next, I caught a tiny trout. It was super small. I wasnt even sure I had a fish on. Some time passed without any hits and then I got bit on a fast, steady retrieve probably five feet from the shore. The hit was unmistakable. It was too violent and powerful to be anything but a wiper, even with this relatively small one. I landed it and snapped some pics. I kept working the same lure and saw another wiper swipe at my lure and miss. Again, it was super close. After that, had one more fish chase my lure without committing. Eventually some clouds rolled in with some lightning so I called it a day but I'll probably head back tomorrow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts