Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
they are going to drain down the lake and have lifted the limit on the lake, saugeyes, large mouth and cats catch all you want, day light only , closed at night

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
you can eat anything you catch if you put enough Cholula on it!
gotta be better than dirty sweat socks errrrrrrrr blew cheese!

·
Registered
24,568 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Dont let the parking lot right next to the sewage treatment plant scare you off from eating the fish there, or the doggy daycare on west bank, or the busy 4 lane road to the north and the stench that hangs over fossil creek to the east...... I have only fished there for the carp.... and they are tough to catch.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I'm sure their just fine without Bleu Cheese.

That place ranks right up there with Willow Springs, Quail Lake and Prospect Lake. ....and we all know how clean those bodies of water are. Top notch fisheries to eat from. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I'm sure their just fine without Bleu Cheese.

That place ranks right up there with Willow Springs, Quail Lake and Prospect Lake. ....and we all know how clean those bodies of water are. Top notch fisheries to eat from. :rolleyes:
That's what I was thinking....

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Look beyond CS for some decent fishing.

·
Registered
265 Posts
This is funny because I just did an experiment on one of those 13" saugeyes this morning. I cooked a piece of it in butter with no seasoning with my eggs this morning. I wanted to see if the flavor was bad. It was actually good with no off flavor that I could detect. Can't detect heavy metals though I guess!! Ha Ha!! The lake is not as bad as it used to be as they diverted all of the run off from the lots and such around the lake to a settling pond on the SE side. I've typically thrown everything I catch there back.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
They eat walleyes out of Lake Erie and it was some of the most polluted water on the planet...the Cuyahoga River that feeds it caught on fire in the 70's...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts