Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
A laker mount (actual fish) by John Boroski from Denver:

A musky mount (replica), by LAX Taxidermy (these guys do GREAT work!):

Also, don't listen to Rottal when he critiques fishmounts -- he seems to be keen on the color pink (gotta watch out for that tendency in a fella!)...

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
I'm sorry I have to show this, but a while back a buddy of mine caught Rottal modeling some new waders among his very close friends. I think you can guess where he gets his love of pink and how it can really color his judgement of fine fish replica mounts:

Sorry, Rottal, I really didn't want to have to embarrass you in this way.

;)

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
work2fish, I just contacted my attourney, he will be contacting you soon in regards to posting my pictures on the internet without my authorization or consent. this act shall not go unpunished.

;)

As far as that picture is concerned, i had overindulged in alcohol that evening and not my normal self. Sometimes i do things that i regret, i am sorry that you people had to see this horrible horrible photo. i am only glad none of you had to see the the undersized leather fishing vest i was modeling next---but I think i might have some photos of Ken wearing it, ill have to check...

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Would you guys quit teasing Rottal,,, I think you need to support him instead. I for one think his waders are cute.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Finally...about time someone stepped out and defended me... ;)

i cant handle the all the abuse i recieve here, i dont know why i even come to this website anymore....*sob

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Terre,

The waders would probably be cute if Rottal was not trying to be some sort of "He-Man".

One of these days he will come terms with his love of David Hasselhoff and wear his pink waders with pride!

Dan

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
"He Man?" I suppose thats better than being some sort of "She Man".....Dan might disagree though...(hes been known to dig that sort of thing) Either way I wont ask, and i wont tell. ;)

Nobody has said anything about my pretty pretty mardi gras beads yet...and i worked so hard to earn them....

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
left_turn56 said:
Does Rottal drive a Tacoma?
Funny you should ask..... :p

·
Registered
131 Posts

Here is one from my collection. I caught this Largemouth Black Bass in Texas on Toledo Bend (my backyard) in 1976. I do not know who mounted the fish, but I do remember the guy telling my Grandpa and I that his mounts would last a lifetime. Back in 1976 it cost my Grandpa $175.00 to get this dude mounted. This is the fish from my collection that means the most to me. Everyday when I look at this mount, I am reminded of everything Grandpa taught me about bass fishing.  I had just received my first boat for my 11th birthday, it was a 12ft aluminum boat with a 15hp Johnson, trolling motor, bass boat seats---everything I needed for bass fishing. My folks would let me go out on the lake as long as they could see me. I was casting a clear popper called the Pico Lil' Pop with a white bucktail. I popped it a few times and WHAM!!!!! This fish hit me like a freight train and we fought for a while until I landed her. She was 5lbs 3oz, the first bass I ever caught over 5lbs. 29 years later, the mount still looks the same as the day my Grandpa gave it to me. Grandpa is the inspiration behind my fishing still today. Although he is no longer with us, I carry all of the memories and everything he taught me as well as a photo of him in my pocket to every tournament I fish.

·
Registered
131 Posts
monkies_butt said:
WORK2FISH - those are some out standing mounts .. I like em..!

BASSMASTERS65 - Nice Bass there .. I hear down south in TX hold some monsters?

There are monster largemouth down there! My biggest largemouth was 12lbs 9oz. The State Record largemouth is 18.18lbs---The weird thing is that the TX State Record largemouth was only 24.5" long!!!  She had a belly like a football!!!  The State Record smallmouth in TX is 7.93lbs and 23" long. The TX largemouth record is larger than the Florida State largemouth record by almost 1 pound. The world record still dates back to 1932 when George Perry caught a 22lb 4oz largemouth in GA. It was 32.5" long and 28.5" in girth---Now that's a big bass!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts