Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Caught my biggest walleye of the year at 23 inches. 4 species day with a huge number of largemouth. Really weird and fun day to wrap up the season at the lower elevations.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ice thickness was 10" but melting fast. I would not be surprised if it is unsafe within the next couple of days. Bite was great on both minnows and jigs tipped with waxworms. I believe high pressure systems activate the bite on this lake, for what its worth. The bite really tapers off around 2 PM and there is NO night bite, as I've found is common for CO.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome! How did it taste?

Careful posting fillet pics, the critics will come out in droves!
Might consume tonight. Superbowl party threw off my plans for fish fry yesterday, but i figured now i don't have to share.

Apparently my inefficient filleting techniques yielded exactly 1 LB of flesh from this guy so I was happy with that.

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
Nice eye beats the handful of my eyes thru the ice this winter...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Finally had him last night via jerk tacos + mango corn salsa. Thoroughly enjoyed, and thanked him for his sacrifice.

On an interesting note, I filleted a perch this weekend that had a HUGE jig head in his stomach. Couldn't believe he fit that thing in there. It kind of looked like it had worked its way out of stomach and into intra organ space. Just fell out when I made the first cut.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts