Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a friend fishing over the weekend to help him with the flailing skills. We spotted this fish and I gave him the rod and he gave it a good effort but with no success. So I took the rod to show him what I meant by mending the line and after several casts I saw the fish move in that unusual motion and I set the hook.

We did finally get my bud on some fish. Actually he landed his biggest fish on the fly rod and it was the first time he saw a fish and land it.

·
P I K E
10,117 Posts
Right on Lurk!!! Kudos on the tutoring!!!

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks gents!

MWTW,

I do have pic. It is a nice fish. Length is good but skinny like a snake. A good looking fish, just thought it would look insignificant with this fish. (I am trying to toe the political correctness line here) :) He should be proud of it and I am too. I enjoy helping others in fishing and getting them success while doing so.

I almost enjoy getting someone else on a fish as much as I enjoy catching a fish, ALMOST! :thumb: (children are the exception to the rule) 8)

·
Registered
833 Posts
Pretty fish, man. That's awesome! :thumb:

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Nice fish, but you're still not going to show your face? :D

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ddb

The rolling eye emoticon is not meant as a f/u (hope it wasn't taken that way) more as that is/was what I was trying to emulate with my statement. (guilty innocence)

Wanted to clarify. :peace:

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Ddb

The rolling eye emoticon is not meant as a f/u (hope it wasn't taken that way) more as that is/was what I was trying to emulate with my statement. (guilty innocence)

Wanted to clarify. :peace:
Didn't even notice the eye roll! I just thought it was a smiley :rolleyes::biggrin1:

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Took a friend fishing over the weekend to help him with the flailing skills. We spotted this fish and I gave him the rod and he gave it a good effort but with no success. So I took the rod to show him what I meant by mending the line and after several casts I saw the fish move in that unusual motion and I set the hook.

We did finally get my bud on some fish. Actually he landed his biggest fish on the fly rod and it was the first time he saw a fish and land it.
The classic color of a tailwater fish?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts