Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished in the bright light of the moon tonight targeting eyeballs. I was throwing a rogue in my favorite bright-moon night pattern, blue herring. Something grabbed my lure and took me for probably a thirty second ride before breaking me off. My rod was doubled over and my drag was tight, too tight. And this fish had me at its mercy...I assume it was a carp.
Ended up getting two small largemouth and two okay smallies. The largies came on a whopper plopper and a crank while the smallies came on lucky craft jerks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Love the jerk bait bite at night. You never know what is going to whack it. Good job on getting out - I'm stuck in TX. Wah wah

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Solid Smallie! :thumb:

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
I catch plenty of big fish in the bright warm sun. ;D
That wasn't the point. The point was: it's less crowded at night. I have said it before: all the antisocial peeps complaining about the crowds all the time should try a little fishing late at night... ;D

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That wasn't the point. The point was: it's less crowded at night. I have said it before: all the antisocial peeps complaining about the crowds all the time should try a little fishing late at night... ;D

Yeah, I’ve caught plenty of nice fish during the day. All the OGs on here should know that by now. Even my PB eye came during the day. I fish this particular spot at night at get away from the masses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,616 Posts
Hey more power to the night guys! As they say whatever blows yer skirt up!
Bwahahahaha-

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
As they say whatever blows yer skirt up!
Bwahahahaha-
I imagine skirts would provide better ventilation during warm sunlit hours. Personally, I prefer pants during my night sessions. Kinda chilly out there in December... ;D

Attachments

·
Registered
16,616 Posts
I seen that pic posted like 20 years ago when you still had some night vision--

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
I seen that pic posted like 20 years ago when you still had some night vision--
20 years is a bit of a stretch... 2016. But you do have point. I think I have only been out in the cold like that once or twice since then. Getting old and joining the OG club. I even bought a bought... :eek: Old lions don't get to die dignified deaths. They either get eaten by young ones, or they die alone and beaten. I guess I have chosen the second path... :embarassed:

·
Registered
16,616 Posts
20 years is a bit of a stretch... 2016. But you do have point. I think I have only been out in the cold like that once or twice since then. Getting old and joining the OG club. I even bought a bought... :eek: Old lions don't get to die dignified deaths. They either get eaten by young ones, or they die alone and beaten. I guess I have chosen the second path... :embarassed:
I'm going down fighting- or hucking-;D

I suppose we can still fish from a boat while wearing a colostomy bag, right?

When we cant cast any longer we can knuckle-drag our worms.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
I suppose we can still fish from a boat while wearing a colostomy bag, right?
Still not a dignified death, but maybe it's equivalent to dying on your feet, or seated... :thumb:;D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts