Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is fishable ice in the Denver area( Cherry Creek, Chatfield, Aurora, Bear Creek)

·
Registered
16,735 Posts
Crack ice is fine, actually! Quite a few peeps out there.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I was going out tomorrow but some family stuff came up so I'll have to wait another day or two. When mama ain't happy, ...........you know how that ends .lol

·
Registered
858 Posts
Thanks guys, I was going out tomorrow but some family stuff came up so I'll have to wait another day or two. When mama ain't happy, ...........you know how that ends .lol
So you rather chase mama around the house than ice fishing?:giggle::giggle:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lovetofish, My chasing days ended years ago, lol I still have in-laws to deal with.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys it looks like Cherry Creek on Wednesday. I'll give a report whenever I get out there.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Chatty was open water East of the swim beach (Eagle cove parking lot). North boat ramp had 5inches, didn't check the ice on the West side.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The good thing about the Creek today was the ice was a little over 6" thick near the west boat ramp. The bad was we didn't get any bites or see any fish on the finders. Turned out to be a nice day and me and the grandson had a good time anyway.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The good thing about the Creek today was the ice was a little over 6" thick near the west boat ramp. The bad was we didn't get any bites or see any fish on the finders. Turned out to be a nice day and me and the grandson had a good time anyway.
I too would like to get the kids out in the coming days. How far did you venture from shore? What was the thickness at that farthest point?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Obsession, We didn't go out too far but there were fisherman all over the west side of the lake. We didn't venture to the east side so no info on that side.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts