Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and a buddy fished off of sunset boat ramp,started in close for bows in 6' fow. My buddy caught one stocker, we drilled holes out to about 100 yrds and 38 fow tryed everything we could think of. I could see fish on my vexilar but they wouldn't hit so I put my aqua-vu down there I could see the 20 plus inch lakers, they would come in bump my bait and pick at it but wouldn't hit it. I did get one to hit and lost it at the hole, real slow day. Ice was only 4 to 6 inchs with about 8 inchs of snow, alot of slush near the shore. the morning was nice untill about 10:30 or so then the wind started 35 to 40 plus mph winds, things really got bad pulled out at 12:30.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Hey Rippenlips,
Just curious, as to what you were using for macs? The standard tube jig/sucker meat? Also, was the ice nice and clear/solid?
On the radio yesterday, I heard how Granby supposedly had a solid 6-8" (which may be true in some areas) but certainly not all over the lake. I generally don't fish that lake until early January, just to be on the safe side. The macs usually are fairly cooperative there. However, when the wind whips up, it can be more hassle than it's worth.
Here's to thick, safe ice and calm sunny days with the fish good and hungry, :). Take care.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On the Macs I used the standed stuff tube jigs and sucker meat, tryed different color combinations and sizes. Found that the small white tube jig, about 1 1/2 inchs long seemed to attract most fish in for a look. Ice was nice and clear, there was two other gruops fishing around us and they had their snowmobiles out there with a lot of gear, huts sleds etc. they didn't go out to far. There might be better ice back in some of the coves were the sun doesn't hit so much, I don't know could be a lot of snow back there to ? Well I wish everone a Merry Christmas and good luck out on the ice. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts