Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fished the south plate today.

First cast I hooked up and faught it for about a minute and it got off..
Second cast I was realing in and half way to the bank I seen some Huge ripples aproaching behind my spinner and when it got close to the bank I seen a swoosh and it turned around!
On my third cast as soon as the spinner hit the water I set the bail And it slammed it! I faught it for prolly five minutes and it kept running with my drag. I wasn't going to lose this one! So I let it wear itself out and I finally got it to the bank! It's gill planks where brite pink as where it's pink strip along it's side!
I had my ten year old daughter take two picks and when I whent to review them they where not there. I think my album was full.. Was very frustrating and really wanted to get that pic up on "CO STATE FISHING" it was bugging so bad I was messing with my phone all day! The fish was atleast 20" and very fat! I released it as she appeared to be half full of eggs!
After that catch I didn't get any more bytes!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JW said:
I looks like today, your fishing luck is better than your spelling >:D. Good job.

JW
My Grammar deffinately sucks! Never cared too much for English! The good part is I can speak it which much less half the country can!

·
Registered
12 Posts
where abouts u fish in the south platte?

I'm looking for a spot that i can take the kids with some bobbers and worms. Thats close to home, and i wont need to pay all these park fees.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I fish between union and the spill way! The other day me and Horanimal walked all the way from mineral to the spillway at chatfield! Normally my kids fish with me, today I didn't allow them to because there is way too many snags for them! I generally take them with me to Aurora res, but if I want them to enjoy it I would recommend you taking them to the Barbour ponds in longmont!

I brang them with today to drive me NUTS! I had no choice but to! There mother works long saturdays! I enjoyed the south plate nayure center with them after fishing!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Was there again yesterday evening late! same spot and no bytes! was evident that there was alot of pressure earlier! was a sand castle on the bank, lots of foot traffic and dog prints!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SLAYERFISH said:
Benson said:
no bytes!
Dude! You are killing me-
Slayerfish,
I was up north at your lake x icefishing spot today and the lake looked like a mirror not glass and not a byte! Was hoping to get into some Crappie but ended up much worse with a skunk! No one up there even had a bite!

·
Registered
16,527 Posts
Benson said:
I was up north at your lake x icefishing spot today and the lake looked like a mirror not glass and not a byte! Was hoping to get into some Crappie but ended up much worse with a skunk! No one up there even had a bite!
My lake X doesnt have crappie! Maybe thats why u didnt catch any- :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts