Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just pick up a HumminBird Matrix 27. Man I love this thing. My question is: Lets say Im sitting in one spot and I start to mark fish on it, Are these fish right under the boat, to the back, front, left, right????? If I mark a big school where should I cast? I know it works on a cone but where in the cone are the fish.

Thanks guys/gals.

-Jay

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Transom mount transducer? - the back... Bow mount on trolling motor? the front.

It is just like ice fishing. If the boat is not moving you should see your jig and fish below the transducer. You can drop your bait right infront of the fish, watch how the fish respond to your bait, and watch the fish hit.

Terre

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok cause I thougt I read in the manual for example: if your in 30ft of water than it will pickup 30ft all around you.

Ill have to look again and see.

Thanks

-Jay

T

·
0 Posts
the angle of the transducer determines the cone of "vision" along with the depth of water. the best analogy would be a flash light beam. if you were on a ladder 15' high and shined the light to the floor, the diameter of light circle would be a certain size. most transducers are 20 degree. some ar 8 or 9 degrees. check out this link as it should help.
http://www.lei-extras.com/tips/sonartut/coneangles.htm
basically whereever the transducer is mounted you'd be seeing fish that are under it within the cone angle either totally of partly.
so the bigger the boat, deeper the water etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts