Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going fishing afterwork tomorrow night. I'd like to leave north colo spgs around 12am.

I don't know where to go. I've only fished 11 mile, catamounts and springs lakes. I'd like to go somewhere thats the simplest to fish for someone new to the lake. I'd prefer to travel north to denver area, but am not opposed to going south towards lathrop.

I'd like to start fishin during the night, so somewhere that is open 24 hrs. I catch and release almost everything so that is not a consideration and prefer to use spin reel, but need practice w/my new fly rod. I guess I need the easiest place to fish with the best odds of lunker (who doesnt lol) I have 10' portabote, would only like to use if skunked on the shore.

Also, room for 3 more if anyone is game to leave the springs at midnite or shortly thereafter. sorry so long, thx for reading.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
When looking for a lake. The DOW has a foldable map (free) stop by their office and pick it up. It doesnt have all the lakes in Colorado but it has a bunch and tells you right where they are and what type of fish are in it.
Looking for big fish? You have to fish big fish water.
What species of fish are you looking for?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts