Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got up early and picked up one of dads friends, had to get him on some fish and also wanted to try a new spot. We decided to hit the Big E. My mother and aunt from MN came up a little bit later (they dont fish). they wanted to walk around the lake and see the views......girls..... anyway we got to a good spot and i pitched some hardware right off the bat, not a bump, threw the typical worm on a bobber and nailed one right away, next few cast got another 2, by the time we were done with a dozen squigs it was 11 and we were ready to go with both of our limits... i decided to throw a lil more harware at em and 3 fish on 3 casts couldnt believe it, so i got my dads buddy on some hardware and it was blazin hot for him as well, his face was lit up and could believe he was catchin so many, we fished for another hour before i said enough slimers is enough, i had my fun and had stuff to do this afternoon, we tally'd 43 by the time we had left, i just wanna know where all the big ones were at..... on one of the bow it felt huge but wasnt pullin at all, i had foul hooked him in the belly as i got him close to shore, i could see the lure in his belly.... as i got him close to shore i saw something following it, it was big prob 30inches, then when i got closer to shore to look he took off..... then i remembered there are muskie in there, man that was cool to see, those things look hidious, woulda been cool to catch him, got a new camera and took a few pics in the morn....

and decided to pan fry em up for a good din ;D

·
Registered
53 Posts
GrumpieGills said:
they wanted to walk around the lake and see the views......girls.....

What's that supposed to mean, Pat. I was up there a few weekends ago (fishing, not viewing). Had to leave just as the action got good. Went back the next morning and barely lasted 20 minutes with the wind. Glad you got on some.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Sounds like you had a fun morning on the lake with lots of action. You don't see that lake that calm all the time. You picked a great day to head up there. Dinner looks good too!!

·
Registered
832 Posts
Who taught you to cook like that Pat? You are not suppose to turn the fish until they are golden brown, or you would tear of piece of skin and flesh. If you would have stay late into the evening, you would have see some elk. Again, nice pictures.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Better yet buy a fillet knife...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hideous!?
Those fish are gorgeous!
Seeing them in the water is worlds better than the pictures you see online. Did you see a flash from it at all? Beautiful colors on them.
Nice outing too, not a lot of people do that well.

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sleazy E said:
Hideous!?
Those fish are gorgeous!
Seeing them in the water is worlds better than the pictures you see online. Did you see a flash from it at all? Beautiful colors on them.
Nice outing too, not a lot of people do that well.
i was usin the 2nd mediumpole with the silver lure with the long red worm, 5 feet off bottom for zander ;D musky\pike look like a camo stick to me

1 - 15 of 15 Posts