Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never really introduced my self on here. Avid fisherman, ice fishing, fly fishing and any kind of fishing possible.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you sir, I look forward to contributing and learning.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Welcome! Cool to see more anglers who "do it all". It's the best way to approach fishing in CO. There is always some species somewhere that is in the prime window of the year to be caught. Your social media power-user trajectory will take you on a journey. You are going to have people who love your content and encourage it, and people who will treat you as a martyr for hot spotting things which they deem sacred. I've been both of these people. I've also been both a content creating hot spotter as well as a shadowy secret keeper.

Here is where I express my (probably) unwanted advice: When the day comes in which you capture a truly exceptional event, at the very least, consider keeping key details such as location to yourself.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome! Cool to see more anglers who "do it all". It's the best way to approach fishing in CO. There is always some species somewhere that is in the prime window of the year to be caught. Your social media power-user trajectory will take you on a journey. You are going to have people who love your content and encourage it, and people who will treat you as a martyr for hot spotting things which they deem sacred. I've been both of these people. I've also been both a content creating hot spotter as well as a shadowy secret keeper.

Here is where I express my (probably) unwanted advice: When the day comes in which you capture a truly exceptional event, at the very least, consider keeping key details such as location to yourself.
It is a fine balance. Many times I've questioned whether or not to reveal too much. There are some lakes I will never do a video on, I just can't do it. The videos I've done so far have been very obvious lakes. You make great points.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
It is a fine balance. Many times I've questioned whether or not to reveal too much. There are some lakes I will never do a video on, I just can't do it. The videos I've done so far have been very obvious lakes. You make great points.
That's a good attitude.. Welcome. I tend to be super critical of over exposure of our waters, but i did notice your stuff was in super common places.. It's tough to pull off... I hope that the folks like you realize the damage that can be done quickly in a state with such limited water. Nice vids though. I love that spot in 11 mile canyon. I fish there often. I commented on your video...good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts