Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any good spots within 1.5 hours of Denver to fish and have a picnic in the mountains?

Guys wanna Fish, Ladies wanna picnic so im trying to accommodate both parties =D. (fishing report would follow obv. with lots o pictures)

·
Registered
182 Posts
what kind of fishing?

Check out Lake Dillon for regular fishing, and there are lots of stretches of water for fly fishing up in summit too...drop the ladies off at the outlet malls!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I had this dillema once. I chose Dillon Res. Worked out perfectly. Or just outside of that 1.5 hrs (possibly) is Green Mountain Res. Might be a little better chance of catching something and you can fish very close to your picnic table. Either one should be a good day.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i guess i should have mentioned that...We have gear for everything really. LMB, Trout, pike etc...no fly fishing poles yet though.

At Dillon and Green Mountain are there certain spots to avoid?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Here are a suggestions w/in 1.5 of town. Not much of a picnic guy, but will throw em out there:
Jefferson Lake
Tarryall Res
Arvada Res
Gross Res
St. Vrain State Park
Union Res
Dillon Res (Blue River as well)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DLux said:
Here are a suggestions w/in 1.5 of town. Not much of a picnic guy, but will throw em out there:
Jefferson Lake
Tarryall Res
Arvada Res
Gross Res
St. Vrain State Park
Union Res
Dillon Res (Blue River as well)
yea but your an eagles fan so that makes everything ok!! Go Birds!

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Lair o' the bear park up Bear creek road just west of morrison is a fun place for a picnic and small stream fishing.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Yeah, the road into Brainard Lake will be open until Nov. 15th...Unless there is a major snowstorm...And from now until then...There is no fee to enter...

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Cheeseman has picnic tables, and for some reason, trashcans. The fishing is reported to be good, especially if you are willing to do a moderate hike. . .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts