Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be in Breckenridge July 10th for a couple days and would love to catch some trout. I can throw a fly OK but have little knowledge about what fly to throw. Looking for information. Where to fish,what flies, etc....I really don't care how I catch a couple trout, though using the fly rod would be cool. Anyone want to go fishing???? Always a big learning curve when you go someplace new. Thanks for any help...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Do I need my waders or just wet wade? I've read all the post, lots of information. Would love to narrow the options. My fishing time will be precious while we're there. Thanks..

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
If your crunched for time and want to get on some good fly action, I'd hire a guide, they will know where, what, when, and have your gear and flies provided most likely.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd love to get a guide but money is a big factor... I love fishing forums.. Lots of great help.. I could trade a fishing trip for a tour of the cornfields where I live.. Sound like a great deal????

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
shanna said:
I'd love to get a guide but money is a big factor... I love fishing forums.. Lots of great help.. I could trade a fishing trip for a tour of the cornfields where I live.. Sound like a great deal????
Where are the cornfields and what kind of wildlife lives within? ;D

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Shanna, using the fly rod is the way to go... no need to go far either... the river through town is great fun..the fish can be a bit picky, but you should be fine. A small (size 18 or so) elk hair caddis followed by a size 18 or 20 RS2 or soft hackle pheasant tail should do the trick.

My best advice for location is to go to Breckenridge outfitters and explain your situation. Tell them the truth about not being able to hire a guide, but maybe buy a few flies from them... My guess is they will help even if you don't buy a thing. They are great folks and know the area well.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Either rent or bring a bike to Frisco and catch one of the numerous shuttles that run up to the top of Vail Pass. For bike and shuttle it runs about 50 bucks...It's a 12 mile all downhill coast back to Frisco...You could fish Black Lakes...heavily stocked...ten mile creek, and the beaver ponds along ten mile creek. Best bet ..ten mile creek between Copper and Frisco. Nothing big...but a beautiful trail.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I live in eastern Nebraska and there are more than just cornfields. There's fields of soybeans too. Not many trout.. Why a picture??? ???

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm a 53 year old white guy, if that helps... All I want is to catch a couple trout. Thanks... Oh.. my wife of 31 years is easy to look at, but she doesn't like fishing.. Sorry...

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Bwa hahahahhahahaha!!!! Should have posted a pic of the wife, pervs here would have been giving up their secret spots. Goodluck up there. Hobie is the only non perv who responded.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
shanna said:
I'm a 53 year old white guy, if that helps... All I want is to catch a couple trout. Thanks... Oh.. my wife of 31 years is easy to look at, but she doesn't like fishing.. Sorry...
You're on your own dude

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
HAHAHAHHAHA!

This gives me an idea. I think ill create an account named "imjustacuteblondie" and start PMing left and right on here about fishn spots!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts