Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry I don't post much but don't feel I'd know what I'm talking about in most colorado fishing. But that said I've got a good friend coming in from Vermont next week to Denver for meeting. Which he is willing to skip out of a couple days to fish with me. So looking for your advice or thoughts on where we ought to think about. He is a very very good fly fisherman but if need be can throw the spinning rod. I've got a problem though. I'm leaving at the end of the week to start guiding in Montana for the summer again which makes my wife want to see me in the evenings here in FC (I don't know why) so I can't just zip all over the state. So I'm thinking driving 2-3 hrs maybe a bit more max. My initial thoughts are maybe deckers, dream stream, blue, poudre? I've not fished any of these (execpt the poudre) for at least 20 yrs so I'm a little lost. Thanks for any help! FSHHNTR

·
Registered
385 Posts
You might put an email address. There are probably lots that would help just not publicly. Id happy you out if you wanted summer spin fishing, or maybe even throught the ice. But fly's and rivers aren't really my bag

edit: I forget they have PM's on this site (like a normal fishing site!) maybe you got some of those

Good luck

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
take him to the Poudre. fish it above Rustic, right below the hatchery! Used to stay open all the time during the winter! used to be some great fishing!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts