Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to Dowdy at 7:10 a.m. walked all the way across the Lake to the east side,drilled couple of holes ,tropped one line with a "Teartrop"spiced up with half a crawler and bingo,hit it on the way down,not even 20sec.The second one with just a hook , crawler, three splitshot in about 6-8' of water. Same thing on the way down or on the way up.Fishing was very,very good between 10a.m.and 10:45a.m.none stop action between those two rods,slowed down quiet a pit afterwards,fished until 11:45.Went back home to Fort Collins.It totalled up to 17.Trouts,1.Brown,1.Crawdead.Three of the Trouts where kepper sice, they otherones where 6,8and9"all of those caught where released into the water.The Teartrop did most of the work,green orange,yellow and black where the coloer of it.Missed quiet a few too.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hatchmaster said:
Nice job elvis. How did your new auger set up work?
Not so good,burn, baby, burn,it burned up on me got a nice blisster on my left palm,from the heat; back to the Hand auger again,started saving up some chash for a Gas auger,by December I should have enough to buy me a nice one.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
15 inches of ice is definetely a little harder on equipment than the 4 to 6 inches everyone was drilling with their drills earlier in the season..  go gas...
PS: i got an extra jiffy 3hp legend i'll sell ya, wont give you any blisters either..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts