Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to fish at Pueblo tomorrow, so if anyone wants to go, let me know. Won't be able to leave until noon, as I need to get at least 4 hours of work in ;) . I work on the south side of Colorado Springs, so we could meet up and I would drive from there. Unfortunately, I don't have a boat so will be fishing from the shore.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GL. I was just down that way today (Brush Hollow) and the wind was horrible after 12.
Any luck? Wind is a necessary evil in March here, and with the weather pretty much sucking after tomorrow, I wanted to get out somewhere this week. Will have to find a place to cast with the wind, I guess!

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I'm still debating maybe Rainbow Cove at Rampart, 11-Mile Canyon, or Deckers as an alternative. Trade rain for wind?

·
Registered
16,616 Posts
Damn if I wasnt working Id hit Rampart with ya. I know I could get some macs outta there.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, going to work my way up Highway 24 I guess. Will check out Rampart first, and hike down to the cove. Will post a report on what I find.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, fished at Rainbow Cove at Rampart Reservoir. Got one strike on my lures, failed to land it. Windy, about 30 - 40 mph gusts at time, and partly sunny. Temp was about 45 degrees. About 500 yards of open water on the north side of the cove, about 1500 yards on the south side (very rough estimates). Will post pics of Rampart a bit later.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Looks like a complete white out to me...... Should this be in the Harsh conditions thread? lol::)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts