Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I am new to the forum and have been a avid fisherman for several years.  I was wondering if there are any Fishermen in the Johnstown or Loveland area interested in partnering up for some fishing this winter and spring.  I am looking for some people who are interested in all species and would like share some fishing spots and techniques.  Let me know Ice fishing is almost here planing on a trip to Dowdy in the next two weeks then Lake John and maybe Chambers.

Tight Lines and Bent Rods
Grizz

M

·
0 Posts
I'm in highlands ranch, and im down for fishing with anyone, a lot of guys here are older than me, im 17, but i am not a moron, i would fish with any of u, and i need to learn to ice fish this year, i dont midn going even if your older, and ill drive, u name the place, ill meet u or pick u up, i wanna fish wityh as many people from the forum as ossible, pm me, dont think just cuz im 17 i can fish man, hehe, i get that a lot

·
0 Posts
I'm in Fort Collins,got a 12'Jon Boat & 4hrp.outboard,don't do any icefishing ,yet, no equipment for it love to do it someday,look me up in the spring.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Hey, just a thought, but what are you guys (Scorpion, Mustang, Griz, elvis, and anyone else) doing Sunday? I was thinking maybe shore fishing from Boyd, but I know that's a ways for Mustang. I drove past St. Vrain (Barbor ponds) yesturday, and there wasn't any ice. They have multple species of fish (although Trout may be the best bet). They are right off I-25 in longmont (I know scorpion knows that). That's probably a farther drive for Mustang than it is for the rest of us, but still kinda central.

I have breakfast w/ wife's family, and a hockey game that night, but could probably be there from 11:30- 3:30/4:00. Let me know what you guys think. I'm open for other lakes/ponds.

James

·
Registered
578 Posts
james said:
Hey, just a thought, but what are you guys (Scorpion, Mustang, Griz, elvis, and anyone else) doing Sunday? I was thinking maybe shore fishing from Boyd, but I know that's a ways for Mustang. I drove past St. Vrain (Barbor ponds) yesturday, and there wasn't any ice. They have multple species of fish (although Trout may be the best bet). They are right off I-25 in longmont (I know scorpion knows that). That's probably a farther drive for Mustang than it is for the rest of us, but still kinda central.

I have breakfast w/ wife's family, and a hockey game that night, but could probably be there from 11:30- 3:30/4:00. Let me know what you guys think. I'm open for other lakes/ponds.

James
Sounds like a plan to me!!! I'm game!!! 8)

·
Registered
578 Posts
Cool, we just have to decide where. I'm up for either Boyd or Barbour Ponds. Another place that I just recently became interested in but haven't fished much is Arapaho Bin Ponds on the southeast side of Fort Collins. They are off of Harmony in Ft. Collins just west of I-25. They are right behind the rest area on I-25.

·
Registered
217 Posts
3109elvis said:
I'm in Fort Collins,got a 12'Jon Boat & 4hrp.outboard,don't do any icefishing ,yet, no equipment for it love to do it someday,look me up in the spring.   
Elvis, there are plenty of guys right here who will loan you ice equipment if you can keep yourself warm. Give it some thought! ::)

M

·
0 Posts
well i actually enjoy a nice long drive, so dont worry about it, tell me how to get there and im game, i wanna fish with some of u guys this weekend

if its near ft. collins, ill just go see my sis at csu afterwards

pm me with the time/place/directions with a big street like i 25 and ill be there

sunday is a fishing day for me

M

·
0 Posts
oh yeah, tell me what were fishing for, ill porbably just bring everything like usual though, ill be prepared

ice or not as long as were catching fish and makin new buds, im down

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This sounds like a plan guys. Lets finalize a place. Barbour ponds sounds good havent fished there for years.
Boyd would be ok hell ill fish in my fish tank if i think i could cast over the kitchen table and they would bite lol. Let me know im in! If it is just for a couple hours on Sunday why not Barbour ponds! I will drive by this afternoon and check them out. As for equipment for ice lol all you need is to keep you butt and head covered i have extra equipment.

Tight Lines and Bent Rods!
Grizz

·
Registered
280 Posts
I am game for going ice fishing whenever and live in north loveland behind the Sonic off 287. A few more weeks and we may start to see some good ice and I think I may go up to Chambers on Saturday so if anyone is interested in coming along let me know I have extra equipment a power auger and a hut.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Hey, it sounds like a plan. 8) Lets stick w/ St. Vrain/Barbor ponds. It's easy to find, and Mustang & Fishinguitars won't have as long of a drive.
The only thing now would be to pick a pond. I think all four are open again. Scorpion, I know you've been there recently any suggestions? (or from anyone else). Mustang, Theese ponds have been stocked w/ small Bass & Crappie, and had Bass in before. Most people fish them for Trout (which are stocked heavily & frequently) and catfish. You can see them off I-25, but from your direction if you see them, you've gone too far.  :(  It is the 1st Longmont exit, and it puts you on 119. You drive maybe a half mile towards town. I think you turn right at the 2nd light (not to far after the Waffle House). Ther are signs (as it's a State park).

·
Registered
578 Posts
Actually, I haven't been out to Barbour / St. Vrain Ponds for several years so I don't really have any suggestions as to which pond to fish. But I am looking forward to going!!! I'll be there!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts